Target Audience Research 3 ISSU

ISSU magazine has many target audience similarities to mine.  The age range is the same for both magazines (high school students and their parents.)  This magazine did differentiate from mine because of how their magazine is focused on Football and my magazine is focused on all sports.  This would attract more high school football fans then athletes in general.  Both magazines do have similar audiences as they are both focused on the sports in the magazine's local city.  The target difference is different from mine because of how the ISSU magazine is focused more towards men (football fans) as my magazine is meant for all athletes (men and woman).  ISSU markets their magazine through the stores and dealerships that sponsor them and the internet.  ISSU accesses the internet by posting ads on social media and also internet sites.  They also sell this magazine in nearby convience stores and some gas stations.  This magazine used various persuasive techniques to attract the readers.  The first thing they did was put captions that attract readers.  One of the captions says, "Who's really No.1..." and another saying, "Coaches Picks".  These 2 of the various captions would attract the reader because of how people would see these and pick up the magazine to analyze the content.  The ISSU magazine also used various advertising tactics to help attract their audiences.  They used websites that they are sponsored by to advertise their product.  One example, NCSA is sponsoring the ISSU magazine and so they post advertisements on their site about the magazine.  The way I found this site was when I was searching for sports magazine and this magazine seemed interesting and popular.  This magazine was also similar to my topic so I thought it would be a good choice to compare target audiences with my magazine.  Some aspects I would use to market my project would be using social media such as Snapchat and Instagram to promote my magazine.  I would also go to many of the sporting events and ask the athletic director if I could set up a miniature stand to sell my magazine at the sporting events.  I would also ask the Newspaper teacher if I could pay to put an advertisement in the weekly newspaper to help promote my magazine.  I would also go to many of the sporting events and ask the athletic director if I could set up a miniature stand to sell my magazine at the sporting events.  I would also ask the Newspaper teacher if I could pay to put an advertisement in the weekly newspaper to help promote my magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Project Planning - Lindy's Sports

3rd Quarter Final Submission