CCR 1
1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
My magazine is different from other sports magazines because The World of Sports is a magazine about high school athletics opposed to the many about college and professional sports. However, I did use conventions for my magazine layout as I tried to make my cover similar to the Sports Illustrated Cover. For example, Sports illustrated usually has a picture of a single athlete on the front and then subheadings on the side of the cover and also has the same basic title font. I used these conventions because it makes my magazine look more professional.
World of Sports Magazine represented its social group of sports fans and athletes by giving the target audience a magazine with sport related contents. The social group/audience for this magazine would be high school students and parents who are interested in local high school sports.
My magazine is different from other sports magazines because The World of Sports is a magazine about high school athletics opposed to the many about college and professional sports. However, I did use conventions for my magazine layout as I tried to make my cover similar to the Sports Illustrated Cover. For example, Sports illustrated usually has a picture of a single athlete on the front and then subheadings on the side of the cover and also has the same basic title font. I used these conventions because it makes my magazine look more professional.
World of Sports Magazine represented its social group of sports fans and athletes by giving the target audience a magazine with sport related contents. The social group/audience for this magazine would be high school students and parents who are interested in local high school sports.
Comments
Post a Comment